2008-04-15

Finish the Sentence #7

This one is another I haven't yet read. It's gotten mixed reviews on Amazon, but who the hell really knows whether it's good or bad? (I have one or two other outlets to clue me in as to whether or not I'll like a particular book, but it's the lazy-ass way to just click over on Amazon. ;-))

The book is Green Rider, by Kristen Britain. From what I can gather, this is set in a stereotypical medieval-type world. From the back flap:
On her long journey home from school after a fight which will surely lead to her expulsion, Karigan G'ladheon ponders her future as she trudges through the immense forest called Green Cloak.
Lookie, lookie, we even an apostrophed name - will wonders never cease! ;-) However, as I haven't read the book, I won't pass judgement. Yet. ::cue for evil, manaical laughter::

So we have Karigan going through the forest (I'm guessing she's a teenager, as it references school in the back flap), and she senses some sort of ferocious animal headed her way:
She hadn't a weapon with which to fend off the beast, and she couldn't run either; - pg. 7, Green Rider, Kristen Britain
What happens? Does she try to move behind a tree or a boulder or something? Does the beast suddenly show itself before she has further time to think? If it does, what does the beast look like? Let your imagination flow; it doesn't have to be like any animal on Earth.

Good luck!

~Nancy Beck

0 comments: