2011-10-07

A Fascinating Read

I know I've been sort of absent of late, and it's due more to my busy/hectic/hellish schedule at my day job. This also happens to be Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and the foundation I work for has DVDs and other things that domestic violence agencies are clamoring for.

It all gets dumped on me.

Now, I think what they're doing is a good thing; but I've had to recreate a spreadsheet and color code it in order to get all this stuff out the door on time.

But I digress.

This post on Kristine Rusch's site is just a wonderful post that you MUST read. She makes comparisons among baseball, politics, and publishing that I'd never thought about. She also talks about how the G.I. Bill led to an explosion of readers after World War II. For those who don't know, after the guys came home from World War II, the U.S. government offered to pay their college tuitions through this bill.

Cool deal, hmm?

It all made sense to me, and that's speaking as a baby boomer.

Go and read it. Then re-read it.

And see if you agree that it's a fascinating read.

0 comments: