2006-10-09

Just a Quick One Today

...and I'm not talking about sex either (as it's that time of the month, unfortunately).

Anyway, I've just finished Chapter 4. We meet Jackie's sister (on Jackie's cell phone), and Jackie whips some dude after she's hung up on her sister. What Jackie can't understand is why the noise of Manhattan didn't get to her, as she figured it would.

She doesn't know how to control her sharpened senses as yet (if she ever will), but it seems to her she's managed to do it without any thought to it...

I've also pointed her to the office building where she works, where she will bump into her ex, Danny Millar (surname is a working name at this point). She's concerned that if her senses are noticed by Danny, he'll bring up some things she doesn't want to discuss; when she wearied of it was when she decided to get a divorce.

But she still cares for him, because he's a decent guy otherwise.

No writerly advice today, although I cranked out a little over 1,000 words today. Yay me!

Don't give up - keep writing!

2 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

Yay you! I can't get into it unless it's a day off. I try, but I end up plopping down about ten words and editing a bit, most of the time.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Nancy Beck said...

Wyrdd,

I know where you're coming from, as I've done that, too (far more than I really should).

Friday the 13th actually wasn't a bad day. :-)

And, at this point, I haven't written anything in a few days. Bah. I tried yesterday, but I needed to get a bunch of forms out to the IRS (business, that is) because it was the last day these forms could be sent.

My boss is in a meeting in another building today for most of the day, so I'm hoping to get some writing in today - finally!

Thanks for checking my blog - and I liked the link to that rejector blog: good stuff. :-)