2011-08-18

Color Me Frustrated

Please pardon my rant, but I really need to get this off my chest.

I was sort of depressed yesterday, especially as I thought I heard something.

That something came true today.

You see, I've been working steadily in corporate jobs for 30 years. I have a shitload of experience with all sorts of things (from an administrative assistant perspective).

And what do I mostly do during the day?

I'm the shipping department for this place. Shipping stuff out by overnight mail.

Sure, I do a few other things, when people decide they feel sorry for me and throw a few bones my way. But I tend to finish these jobs quickly...which leads me back to being the shipping department.

Don't get me wrong; I'm glad I has a job, even though it's a temp one.

So what brought this on?

I found out for sure today that the woman who sits in the cube next to me (a very nice woman, BTW) will become an employee on Monday.

What makes this even more frustrating is that she's accessing the same sort of information from the same secure website that I've been doing for several months before she came. Why didn't they offer the position to me, when I was already familiar with that particular system? I could have done it in addition to what I'm doing now.

The "other" stuff I'm doing isn't hard at all; I can finish these damned summaries in about 20 minutes. But obviously none of the higher ups ever thought of giving me a chance at it.

No. Stick the old idiot with shipping duties, that's all she's good for.

What a waste.


I now return you to your regularly scheduled life.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Been there. Done that.

Better to make a sale on Smashwords.