2011-08-24

THANK YOU!! (And a little something else...)

I know I haven't been posting much, but there's a reason for it...which you'll see soon enough.

But first I wanted to say a great big THANK YOU for the congrats on my first sale (whoever bought the book, I thank you, too! :-)). It's actually more of a relief to get that out of the way than anything else - and as I think I've said somewhere, I'm not the type to endlessly look at my sales reports (and I didn't have much time earlier this week).

So thanks to Angie, Kay, and Deb, and Lindsey...and for those who are too shy to post. ;-)

The second thing I wanted to do - and this is one of the reasons why I haven't been posting much lately - is to let you see the simple cover I came up with for my short story two-fer:



The short blurb might change (emphasis on might), but other than that, I'm pretty happy with it. I searched a long time for the right image, and finally found the one in the cover above. It's public domain, but there's a name attached to it, and I'll definitely include the name of the person who took the picture of it.

It isn't live as yet; I still have to work through the formatting for the Kindle and Smashwords.

This time around, I really kept to my adage to simplify, simplify, simplify. I took out the background on the original pic, found a background texture - which turned out to be some cracks in red cement or something (all this using the excellent How to Cheat in Photoshop Elements 7), and managed the above.

I also may have another announcement somewhat soon concerning my novellas, I'll save that for another post.

Short blurb for Ten Cent Wings: You'll be sorry when you ask for help from this angel.
About 3,000 words.

Short blurb for Vengeful Faerie: Some faeries are born bad. Some just end up that way.
About 3,700 words.

I'll do longer blurbs, yadda, yadda, yadda, in the next day or two. I want to get this uploaded in case that damn hurricane decides to hit. (After the aftershocks I felt here at work just yesterday, there just has to be another unusual event this week, right?) If I manage to get all that done by Saturday the latest, I'll probably put it on sale for three days.

And it'll be a blog exclusive, for all my min--er, I mean followers...friends? Yeah, friends. :-)

I'll do a separate post to let you all know.

And again, THANKS for all of your support. May you all prosper for a long, long time!




0 comments: