2008-03-23

Easter...and An Interesting Offer



Well, The Mom is already here, and The Oldest Brother is on his way over a little bit later, so Easter has begun.

I have to admit that I haven't been doing too much in the writing department, especially this week (surrounded by two bosses with colds, plus a dude who coughs every five minutes or so), I've felt a bit rundown.

Which Leads Me to...

Liz, at the Real Joined Up Writing blog (you can click on it in the Blog Roll), sent me an email with a very good offer. The idea is to write 100 words per day, by having bloggers post if they've reached their target my having a sort of group pep rally (or flog whipping, if you don't live up to the bargain, heh ;-)).

I have to admit, I'm tempted to join, once Liz has the group blog thingie up. One of the toughest things to do for anyone working on a novel is to keep writing; keeping the juices flowing, keeping yourself in the groove, can help you become a better writer, as you can then look at things and say to yourself, "Hmm, that really should go in Chapter 4...That needs to be deleted..."

That sort of thing, among other things. :-) It's like a painter painting every day; once he's done enough landscapes or whatever it is he/she paints, he/she begins to select the correct colors to use and the right techniques to put across what it is someone gazing at the painting should get out of it.

And my guess is that a painter can paint faster, because he/she has more confidence.

I believe that confidence for the writer begats better word choices, a more critical eye (in the revision stages), and more creativity.

I'll post more information as soon as I receive more.

Thanks to Liz for coming up with a good idea...that I just might have to take her up on! :-)

0 comments: