2011-01-12

Word Count

Altho I didn't do any of my own writing today - a day at home & lost pay (I'm doing a long-term temp thing) makes me a bit irritable & very lazy - I have written since I last posted.

Number of words: about 8,700.

I recently said I was going to do a chapter or two from the antagonist's viewpoint.  And I did.  Now I'm not so sure I want to go that way.  Not because I can't, but because I came up with a great idea for the first big event to happen (that first door that James Scott Bell talks about in his fantastic how-to, Plot & Structure).  This will propel the story into the middle, usually the land of muck and mire and much that is swampy (read: boring).

I'm hoping that doesn't happen, and I don't think it will.

You'll notice under the Writing Helps section that I've listed Godchecker.com; what a find that was!  It's given me more ideas to further shape the antagonist, and, no, I'm not going to make him all evil, all the time (mwahaha!).  That would be boring.

Onward and forward!

0 comments: