2011-09-09

Ebook Covers

I'm certainly not going to pretend I'm a graphic artist; I don't even play one on TV. :-) But I was having a hell of a time coming up with an idea for the 3rd book of the series, and one day, out of sheer boredom (or maybe it was curiosity), I decided to check out some of the cover designers who were having sales on ready-made covers.

I looked through a couple of them, and then one really struck me as, well, just right for the 3rd book, Demon Daughter.

Then I decided, hey, why not? I'll ask the cover person if she can do the other two covers in the series; I'll still do the covers on any short stories or short story collections, because I can't see spending the dough on stuff that's that short.

I figured with my luck, she wouldn't be available at all or until sometime next year.

Nope.

She's just starting up doing the ebook cover thing, and we agreed to a price. (Nice rates, BTW. Very doable, even for an impoverished person like me, lol. :-)) Made it into an installment plan, so I wouldn't have to pay it all upfront.

I want to get the okay about naming her in a post (because I think she does very good work and deserves to have more people ask for her services), but for the time being, let me show you the new prototype cover for the first in the series, Changing Faces:



As I said, this is just a prototype, although it's mostly done. I've just asked her to consider other fonts and make one small change to the graphic.

I love it! The little image you see in the eyeball is a hand holding a dagger (which she cropped out from something I bought the license for); she added a drop of blood to the dagger, which I thought was a nice touch.

I hoping to get this uploaded by the middle to the end of this month, and, hopefully, get the 2nd book's cover uploaded (once I FINALLY get done with the editing on that one; I've fallen behind. ::sigh::).

Did I say I loved this cover? Yeah.

0 comments: